Think Tank Thursday: This is How We Homeless

This is How We Homeless!


Welcome and welcome back ☀️. Today is Thursday, July 25, 2024. It's another amazing day in paradise 🤩. Merry Christmas in July ⛱️🌊🍦🕶️🩴🦩. It’s Day 10 of my 13 day quest on social media.

I’ve been wanting to talk about nervous system regulation. What I’m realizing is that with all the rain and being sensitive to how it’s affecting those without housing and being among those without housing, I’m struggling to maintain a state of rest and digest.

So instead of trying to jump into explaining and becoming unregulated, I’m going to showcase how Wisdom and I “homeless” in order to regulate. Or to describe it more accurately, so I can regulate my nervous system and he can co-regulate with me. I’ll do this through pictures and videos of some of our adventures.

Contrary to what others might believe, this is the most important thing I could do for us as I work on getting us into stable housing and implement solutions to eliminate homelessness, internally and externally. When I have a regulated nervous system I can have a more peaceful relationship with him and others. This is possible even when they are not regulated.

I can also tap into my executive function when I'm regulated. Remember what I started talking about the other day? When I was talking about the Science of Parenting, I started with talking about executive function. Executive function is for parents, not children. And it can't be accessed if we're in a state of fight, flight, freeze or please.

Flipping through the photos of all the good times we've shared helps me to stay in a state of rest and digest. They make me smile as I reminiscence and savor the memories. For instance, the photo for this post comes from the Carolina Home Show that we received free tickets to attend.

There was a person painting faces for free so Wisdom and I both got our faces done. He was given the opportunity to live up to being a young Black male superhero. He LOVED it so much. It took about 3 days before he was willing to wipe it off.

From what I’ve written, what is something you do to help regulate your nervous system? Need more information? Stay tuned for more posts.

Thank you again for being here. Thank you in advance for liking, commenting and/or sharing. Enjoy the amazing day you're creating 🪄✨. ☮️…

#ThisIsHowWeHomeless

#DoYouKnowMommaKai

#ItsTimeToLUV

#EmancipatedMomma

#LUVEnterprisesPresents

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk Tuesday: Quantifiable Wins

Let's Talk Tuesday: Support From the Food Revolution Network

Wisdom Wednesday: Someone Called CPS On Me