Look At God...

SHOW OFF! That's what He is! And I Love and am honored Wisdom and I get to experience the favor. I just have to share my gratitude journal from yesterday. I just restarted it. In fact yesterday was the first day because it's a requirement to participate in the PAID 2 Parent program I'll talk more about in tomorrow's video.

God has been calling me to start it again so I can lead by example. Yesterday was just one of those days where He was like, "Go ahead, don't write this one down." I feel some shame at all the days that have passed where I didn't write things down. Yesterday was not going to join them. 

1. I am grateful for people who look out for Wisdom and I.

2. I am grateful that when we went to get a food box from the Dream Center van they had the perfect sized diapers for Wisdom to sleep in, 4T/5T.

3. I am grateful for the yummy, healthy snacks in our box. The sweet potato Terra chips were awesome.

4. I am grateful the box came with the equipment to set up the internet. It was supposed to be here like a week ago, the beginning of last week at the latest. I kinda felt like that was my reward for being obedient.

5. I am grateful Wisdom took a nap all on his own. He said he was tired and wanted to lay down so he did. He knocked out shortly thereafter. 

6. I am grateful that I know my child and managed to get him to go to the bathroom in his sleep so he didn't wet his pants while he was napping.

7. I am grateful that when the wheel fell off of his scooter (for the first time ever in the year plus we have owned it), God helped me notice the piece on the ground that had fallen off so I could fix it. There were no other problems with it the rest of the day.

8. I am grateful we found the lights to Wisdom's little police car at the park. So here's a little back story: I took Wisdom and his cousin to the park on Friday. Anyone who knows Wis, knows he is rarely without a vehicle. Since we were going to the park he had several vehicles with him that he slides down the slides. Well one of the vehicles was a police car. 

Later that evening, long after we'd returned from the park, Wisdom was taking his cars out of the bag and noticed the little light bar from his police car was missing. Now this isn't a large size vehicle. It's one of the die cast vehicles you can get for $5 or $6 at most stores now-a-days. Anyway... the whole piece is no bigger than one inch by one and a half inches. I found that out after I found it. I thought it was smaller than that but the lights sit on a base that attaches to the car. Long story short, we went to the park the next afternoon. 

Wisdom and I walked around the playscape in one direction and saw absolutely nothing. He walked over to the smaller playscape and had the same results. We began to admit defeat but I was still looking as we turned around and headed back towards the bigger playscape. Wisdom then said something like, "I really wish I could find those lights to my police car." Less than 10 seconds later I spotted them on the ground. The sunlight was just hitting them at a different angle. I said, "thank you Heavenly Father" and Wisdom did too because that was surely God opening eyes to see... AGAIN! 

9. I am grateful the internet at the park Downtown loaded both YouTube videos rather rapidly. Despite not getting there until about 7 p.m. they were both loaded so we could catch the last #10 at 9 p.m. I was also able to add content to my blog.

10. I am grateful there was a #10 at 9 p.m. I had no idea it ran a lil later than the #3.

11. I'm grateful I was reminded that the #10 stops "behind" the Food Lion plaza, technically Glascock and King Charles. It was a much shorter walk than coming from Milburnie. It felt safer too.

12. I'm grateful that I was able to fix Wis some food while he was taking a nap. The leftovers were a quick fix for dinner, taking only a few minutes to put together once we got back.

13. I am grateful for a truly Loving God who shows up in epic ways to remind me He is God and He is real. Thank YOU Big Daddy!

There's nothing here that's screams "Miracle" to the average reader. And that's OK. To me, these were all signs of a God who adores me and my son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk Tuesday: 10 Ways to Help Me Eliminate Homelessness

Let's Talk Tuesday: Support From the Food Revolution Network

Let's Talk Tuesday: Quantifiable Wins