I'm On the Mountaintop!

And the climb to get here was *&%)(#!@ hell! All those symbols don't really spell anything but I'm sure you can fill in the blanks. I would swear but I need to keep it clean. Don't get it twisted I CAN go there, I simply choose not to.

Not exactly the kind of post you were expecting, is it? I'm usually Super Mary Sunshine. Again, don't get it twisted. I'm not complaining, just being honest. The craziest part of this is...though the journey thus far has been permeated with trials, turmoil and tribulation; the hardest part is in front of me. 

I know this because of what I've come up against thus far. God is giving me a taste of things as they could be. But God... Ya'll just don't know. I gave this blog post its title from a comment I made in a text-versation I had not too long ago. I mention it in the last video called "Lessons I've Learned". As I wrote this entry, Spirit said "look up the speech". So I did... 

To keep it short I'm pulling out excerpts to make my point. Here is what Dr. King said,  

"...we have been forced to a point where we're going to have to grapple with the problems that men have been trying to grapple with through history, but the demand didn't force them to do it. Survival demands that we grapple with them. Men, for years now, have been talking about war and peace. But now, no longer can they just talk about it. It is no longer a choice between violence and nonviolence in this world; it's nonviolence or nonexistence.

"That is where we are today. And also in the human rights revolution, if something isn't done, and in a hurry, to bring the colored peoples of the world out of their long years of poverty, their long years of hurt and neglect, the whole world is doomed...

"...We mean business now, and we are determined to gain our rightful place in God's world.

"And that's all this whole thing is about. We aren't engaged in any negative protest and in any negative arguments with anybody. We are saying that we are determined to be men. We are determined to be people. We are saying that we are God's children. And that we don't have to live like we are forced to live.

"Now, what does all of this mean in this great period of history? It means that we've got to stay together. We've got to stay together and maintain unity. You know, whenever Pharaoh wanted to prolong the period of slavery in Egypt, he had a favorite, favorite formula for doing it. What was that? He kept the slaves fighting among themselves. But whenever the slaves get together, something happens in Pharaoh's court, and he cannot hold the slaves in slavery. When the slaves get together, that's the beginning of getting out of slavery. Now let us maintain unity."

There is so much more to his speech but I got stopped there. If you didn't already know, "Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered this speech in support of the striking sanitation workers at Mason Temple in Memphis, TN on April 3, 1968 — the day before he was assassinated." You can find the whole speech here: 

Now, how can Dr. King be describing the time he was living in while also describing ours? This speech was given over 50 years ago! If we were in a mess then, it's far worse now!

But he gave us the solution. Sadly, at this point, FIRST we've got to GAIN unity in order to maintain it. BUT... if we can work together and not focus on who gets the credit we'll accomplish something, a whole lot of somethings. I talked about ALL I'm doing being for the glory of God in my first video. Since I released it, I am starting to realize how hard it is for people to actually live that. 

So here I sit. I AM on the mountaintop and while the view is beautiful, there's another mountain that's steeper and more treacherous to climb. I'm trying to see if I can get a helicopter ride to get there. Haahaahaa... 

Why climb down and climb back up again? A shortcut seems ideal yet I doubt it will happen that way simply because I have to get down in order to get people to bring back up with me. While I'm enjoying the view I would like to introduce you to the reason why I was created. It is presented in the last three videos in the "From Beggar to Investor" Series. 

I wish I could tell you all the things God has told me over the years. And I wish I could tell you how they are all coming together in this video series. The craziness is once you're done watching these videos, there's more to be said. My next post will be about some of those very things. 

Revelation just keeps coming and coming. And I'm ecstatic. And I'm so honored. And I'm extremely humbled God has trusted me with everything I'm going to share. But most especially I am in awe that He has granted me the opportunity to birth my son into this world and be on this incredibly unique journey with him. 

Wisdom lives up to his name in ways he doesn't even realize, even as a four year old. And yes, Wisdom is quite wise, very much so. Using my personal definition for wisdom, it is "the application of knowledge". I have watched Wisdom put to use everything he has learned. That has not always worked favorably for him but that has not stopped him from trying.

There is a level of confidence that comes with trying everything you experience. Despite some of the challenges it has presented, I'm grateful for all the ways he has taught me to overcome my own fears in order to "be wise" myself.
So it truly has been an incredibly unique journey We've been on: Wisdom, God and I. And to know the best is yet to come is what amazes me the most. YES, the best IS yet to come. That's why I know there's more challenges to come. That doesn't stop me from being grateful for the many "best" things that have already transpired. But mostly I look forward to the best things that will happen with and for others.

Here is a link to a playlist with all seven videos that are in the series. The "From Beggar to Investor" Playlist:

The last three videos, posted today, start with the one called "From Beggar to Investor - Recipe for Self-Destruction". There's information in the descriptions. Sometimes it's a little. Sometimes it's a lot. I recommend reading the one for "Recipe for Self-Destruction"Transcripts for the last three videos are coming to the blog in the next few days. But you don't need them to listen to the videos. 

The only thing I can say that might prepare you for what you'll hear is "if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got!" What you'll hear is the exact opposite of that statement. This is not insanity where I'm "doing the same things over and over and over again expecting a different result". 

This is revolutionary. This is radical. This is God!

Create today. It's another beautiful day in paradise. May your choices make it the best day ever. Peace...

Comments

  1. This is so good 💕..I resonated with everything you mentioned. Specifically, the slave mentality portion; putting us up against each other. But by unifying-- our voices can actually be heard. Really something to chew on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk Tuesday: 10 Ways to Help Me Eliminate Homelessness

Let's Talk Tuesday: Support From the Food Revolution Network

Let's Talk Tuesday: Quantifiable Wins