Let's Talk Tuesday: The Need to Grow

The Need To Grow



Welcome and welcome back! It's another amazing day in paradise. Thank you for being here.

For those who don't know me, my name is Kara Lynn Sanders. My nickname is Kai and my super s-hero name is Momma Kai because I found my superpowers being a mom. 

I am the mom and student of a young, Black male superhero who God gave the name "Wisdom". He is my heart beating outside of me. Thank you again for being here.

July has been quite the month. It came in quietly and has turned into a non-stop adventure. It's a great time to be alive. 

From Monday, July 17 to Wednesday, July 19, Wisdom and I attended the 2023 Conference to End Homelessness hosted by the National Alliance to End Homelessness. It was interesting. Because of what I did (and did not) experience, I am even more passionate about eliminating homelessness with a preliminary focus on housing children and their parents. You might wonder "how?"

Well, during both the June 8th and July 13th Homelessness Task Force meetings, Loren McDowell has corrected me on the amount of money Wake County has to offer developers who partner with them to build affordable housing. When I heard that, I decided I'm going to become a developer!

I know Raleigh has about $8M and from what the budget says for this new fiscal year, Wake County has close to $12M. I'm not sure how much more they have, but between the two it's about $20M which is plenty for me. Obviously you don't become a developer overnight and I actually am not interested in pursuing that field; therefore the next best thing is to become an investor.

During the last District E community meeting I attended, City Council Member Christina Jones spoke about the vast difference between how many projects have been approved in Raleigh and how many have come or are coming to fruition. 

I think you'd be surprised by the numbers. I know I was. From other conversations, what I learned was funding is the barrier. Well if money is what's needed then money is what I'll get. Here's where we can help each other.

From Wednesday, July 26 to Sunday, July 30 the Food Revolution Network (FRN) is relaunching the movie, The Need to Grow. FRN and this movie are two of the major influences for the homestead project I'm working on to eliminate homelessness. Not only that but Rob Herring and Ocean Robbins have financially contributed to this homestead project. 

Rob is the producer of The Need to Grow and executive director of Earth Conscious Films. Ocean Robbins is the co-founder and CEO of the Food Revolution Network. He is also the son of FRN co-founder John Robbins, who is the son of the Robbins half of Baskin-Robbins and author of Diet for a New America

Since The Food Revolution is who I am getting my plant-based coaching certification through, I had a chance to engage in an email conversation with Ocean in the middle of June. I talk about both emails in this blog post: http://luventerprisespresents.blogspot.com/2023/06/lets-talk-tuesday-support-from-food.html. It was an honor to receive then and it's a privilege to be a partner with them on the relaunch of The Need to Grow as an affiliate. 

At 12:00 a.m. on Wednesday July 26 you can click on this link and it will take you to a site which will allow you to sign up and have access to watch the movie free for 4 days: https://grow.foodrevolution.org/?uid=10&oid=3&affid=472. I will receive a commission for any purchases that are made through this link!

There is also a $5K bonus for anyone who tops the sales chart! I want that to be me! Here's my reality check: There are several affiliates with over 100K followers on multiple social media platforms. Thankfully, I'm not discouraged. I'm grateful for the opportunity to try. Will you please help me get there?

Now, let's face it, that helps me. So how can I help you? Well, if saving the planet is your thing. 

If fresh food for all is an objective. 

If gardening is a passion.

If you don't want to see an end to homelessness.

Or if you just need some extra money, then perhaps you'd like to share and earn too. Please contact me to learn more. Or you can always jump right in. Click on this link to sign up as one of my direct affiliates and you'll find everything you need to start earning: https://affiliates.foodrevolution.org/register/?p=2CC4L7K1

Let's be clear, this is NOT an MLM. I only receive a commission on people who sign up directly under me. I can't build a business and earn on generations beyond that. This is a simple marketing plan to get more people sharing about topics that will change the health and wellness of ALL people and our precious planet. If you're down, please sign up!

If that's not really your thing, no worries. Please consider contributing to my "Be 3 C With Me" fundraiser on PayPal instead: https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8VPsU1eaJL. I'm looking for angels, advocates, advisors, founders, funders and friends. I truly believe that "together is better" and we can transform the world. 

The fact is we already are. Let's make it how we want it to be, not just how it ends up. I look forward to the many ways we will change Raleigh, starting with building homes and providing a better beginning for all children.

Thank you again and in advance. Enjoy the amazing day you're creating. Peace...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk Tuesday: 10 Ways to Help Me Eliminate Homelessness

Let's Talk Tuesday: Support From the Food Revolution Network

Let's Talk Tuesday: Quantifiable Wins