Motivating Monday (from Monday on Wednesday) ~ September 22, 2021

Our LIVE Version of Go Fund Me!

Happy Monday! It's another amazing day in paradise. I was thinking this morning. And if you know me... that's dangerous. But seriously, this thought came into my head:


"Girl Scouts have cookies. Boy Scouts have popcorn (I recently learned this. Thank you Pastor Chris!) Schools have wrapping paper, pies, fruit, candy bars, raffle tickets and any other number of items. Wisdom and I have gratitude journals!

What also occured to me when I was thinking is, "my" MBA team suggested a Go Fund Me campaign when they put together the strategy report for the business I'm looking to launch. This is our version of Go Fund Me except it is live. 

You might be wondering, "What is 'my' MBA team exactly?" Well, last October I was able to participate in The Small Business School Challenge where I was paired with 3 MBA students who looked at what I was trying to do with my business. Together they created strategies for me to succeed. Their plan and presentation placed third out of 15 or so other teams from Duke Fuqua School of Business. 

For the last year, all I've wanted to do is try to implement what they wrote while navigating the perils of poverty with my son. (To learn more about our story please check out my blog post for today.) But there were two factors that stood in my way: not having a clear mind and not having stable housing. There were times we had one but not the other. Now we have both. Now I have both.

By the grace of God and the favor of a very special young woman, we are housed. Even though we are not permanently housed, we are finally in a position to launch stage one of this plan. I just didn't realize it until this morning. 

With a plan in hand, we are in the fundraising stage. Even though a Go Fund Me campaign was suggested, I wanted to be able to say "thank you" to my investors AND I wanted to offer a return for the investments that would come. A Go Fund Me would not allow me to do that. But that is exactly what the gratitude journals do. They are a return and allow me to say "thank you"! 

I never could have expected the support we have received on our journey thus far. It has been incredible. We have been able to pay for the hotel room we were staying in and now we are in a position to start saving for the certifications I want. These will allow me to create a career that will sustain me and my son. If I follow the plan as it is written, it could allow us to flourish even in these times of uncertainty. I'm so excited by this prospect and could really use your support more than ever. 

My son, Wisdom, and I will be setting up for the last time this Thursday evening, 9.23.2021 from 3-6p. That is the day our permit expires. Our spot is at the intersection of Tryon Road and Walnut Street/Holly Springs Road. We are on the Holly Springs Road side in front of the breakdown lane so it's a perfect place to stop. The officers who came to visit us when we were out there confirmed that. 

We will be selling our gratitude journals and what I am calling "The Gratitude Experience". The Experience consists of a journal, a mug, either tea or a mug treat, two pens and an affirmation card all in a convenient gift bag. I don't want people to just get a journal. I want people to create an experience around it and really use it. These are first come, first serve unless you order in advance.

The suggested retail price for the journal is $15, not for the construction bit for the content. BUT... we honor all investments above and below so we say "name your price". The SRP for "The Experience" is $25 but again... "name your price". The message is far more important than the money.  

If you think the gratitude journal is not something you would engage in and would prefer to receive services from the certifications I gain, please let me know. I intend to help others navigate parenting more peacefully and would appreciate having a client base before getting started. If you are interested in and capable of investing over $100 then let's have a conversation about what your return could be. 

Thank you in advance for your support. I look forward to seeing you on Thursday or hearing from you soon. Enjoy creating your amazing day. Peace...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk Tuesday: 10 Ways to Help Me Eliminate Homelessness

Let's Talk Tuesday: Support From the Food Revolution Network

Let's Talk Tuesday: Quantifiable Wins