Sacred Sunday: My Birthday Wish

My Birthday Wish

Welcome and welcome back! Welcome to me and Wisdom's birthday month of miracles. And yes, it IS another amazing day in paradise. 

BUT.... today is not just any amazing day in paradise. I get to celebrate ME on this amazing day in paradise. I entered this world 50 years ago on this day, 25 years after the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was signed. 

I just need to say 50 is not as old as it seems. I guess with life expectancy being in the 70s it seems like life is closer to ending than beginning. Not here! I feel like my life is just starting. 

I'm declaring 50 as the new 30.

Seriously though, it is. At least from the brain development and nervous system perspective. If the prefrontal cortex of the brain does not finish developing until 25 or so, then technically I've only been a mature adult for about 25 years. 

I'm giving myself some Love and grace for having made it this far without knowing that until about 2 years ago. Maybe 50 should be the new 25 instead. (Please note: I'm starting that trend on 12.10.2023.)

Honestly though, the most important thing to me is I am alive and I'm not ashamed of where I am right now! I'm honored, grateful and in awe. And again I get to celebrate this day with Human Rights Day! 

Happy Human Rights Day Everyone!

The theme for this year is Dignity, Freedom and Justice For All. These words resonate so deeply with me considering all we've endured and watched others endure over the last little while. So my birthday wish for this year is to provide dignity, freedom and justice for a few until "for all" can be achieved.

There are five family situtions I'm interested in supporting. They are in need of housing and/or funds. At the time of this post I don't have permission to talk about their stories only because I just thought about doing this today, this morning during my quiet time with God. So really it is HIS idea for me to celebrate this way! And it's a reflection of what happened for me and Wis last weekend.

In the meantime the way you can consider helping me is to let me know if you have any rewards points that can be used to book some nights in a hotel. I have two families in need of a place to stay. 

The other way you can help is by contributing to Yeshua's Way. They are housing 2 families who I'm encouraging support for. Using as few details as possible, one is a single older gentleman who, while unhoused, was attacked and left with a cracked skull (Mr. A.). His room rate is $80/night.

The other is a family of 3 and a 1/2 (KAC). Yes, mom is pregnant. They moved to Raleigh recently. The transmission went out on their car on the way here. Dad was anticipating a lucrative job opportunity but it fell through. Their room rate is about $600 per week.

You can contribute any amount to go toward their stays by sending tax deductible donations to Yeshua's Way through any of the following links. Please note whether you'd like to contribute to Mr. A's or KAC's hotel rooms. 

Yeshua's Way - Zelle: https://enroll.zellepay.com/qr-codes?data=eyJuYW1lIjoiIiwidG9rZW4iOiIxOTg0NDQ0MDIxOCJ9

Yeshua's Way - Cash App: https://cash.app/$yeshuaswaync?qr=1

Yeshua's Way (last 4: 1141)- Venmo: https://account.venmo.com/u/yeshuasway

I recently decided to post bi-weekly on Monday so the next post is coming tomorrow, 12.11.2023. I will talk about what happened for me and Wisdom that is sparking this idea. And I'll also share the circumstances of the individuals once I receive their permission. 

I do not plan to post pics of them. I intend to have you support them directly, not through me (unless it's the rewards points, because you'll need their government names to book the rooms). 

If they choose to send you a message to say thank you, I'll let you know. Otherwise, you'll hear from me tomorrow with details. 

Thank you again for being here. I hope you are compelled to help my birthday wish come true: dignity, freedom and justice for a few (and eventually for all). Thanks in advance. Enjoy the amazing day you're creating. Peace, Love and double hugs from me and Wisdom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk Tuesday: 10 Ways to Help Me Eliminate Homelessness

Let's Talk Tuesday: Support From the Food Revolution Network

Let's Talk Tuesday: Quantifiable Wins