Sagacious Saturday: Raleigh's First Black Female Mayor?

Raleigh's First Black Female Mayor?

Welcome and welcome back. It's another amazing day in paradise. Thank you for being here.

Sooooo... I've been thinking... Actually, last month was quite revealing for me. And the last week or two has inundated me with so many opportunities and so much information.

First of all, let me be honest. I don't vote. I don't even believe in voting. I think it's one of the biggest scams there is. I'm just being honest. 

If you think about it, for the last few elections, many people are not voting for who they like. They are voting for who they like more of the two they don't like. That seems ridiculous to me.

But last year right before Election Day God put into my heart that Raleigh didn't need a new mayor, it needs a matriarch. Moms are known for taking care of their own and often taking care of other's children too. 

I remember one day several years back, I was walking past the parking lot for an elementary school and saw the amount of cars with car seats in them. Moms are everywhere doing everything for their children and others too, adult and child. Many are doing it without a partner at home and rely on their communities to support their endeavors. 

They firmly believe in the African Proverb, "it takes a village to raise the child" and do I. That's why the motto for L.U.V. Enterprises Presents is a take on that phrase, "building the village, raising the child". 

So right now, the thought is in the back of my head to become the first Black female mayor in Raleigh. Notice, I'm not saying I'm going to run. I'm claiming I'm going to become the first Black female mayor elected in Raleigh. 

Can you imagine that in 2024 there would be such a thing? But Durham's first Black female mayor was just elected in 2021 so... it's time for North Carolina to make history... AGAIN! And this is not just any old NC town, it's the capital.

In order for me to do this, I'm going to become the matriarch of my first village, a Village of L.U.V.! Instead of using the phrase "homesteads for the homeless" to describe the spaces I've been working to create for those who are unhoused, I'm going to call them each a "Village of L.U.V."!

If you're interested in changing history to her-story, please contact me: https://hihello.me/p/c122ff4c-6a81-4a8c-986a-e62da2d2d740. I'm honored by the possibilities and look forward to working with you. Thank you again and in advance. Enjoy the amazing day you're creating. Peace...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk Tuesday: 10 Ways to Help Me Eliminate Homelessness

Let's Talk Tuesday: Support From the Food Revolution Network

Let's Talk Tuesday: Quantifiable Wins