...L.U.V. Enterprises… again!


This is my dream.  L.U.V. is an acronym for “Learn Ur Value”.  Our motto is “Building the Village, Raising the Child”.  If you are interested, there is a little more information in the entry below from 2+ years ago.  It hasn't changed too much. This has been a business I’ve had it my heart for about 4 or 5 years.  It took some time to compile many of the details but the research I did and the people I met along the way were totally worth it.  

There have been so many times I’ve thought I should launch it and I haven’t. 

There are times when I’ve tried to launch it and the group of people I thought would work together with me fell through and it didn’t go anywhere.  I thought I couldn’t do it by myself. 

And then there are little things I’ve done along the way, like sell things I’ve made.  The point being to gather some sort of income/seed money so I could just launch it alone and see how what I’m doing will be received.  It was a short lived endeavor at that time but at the same time it was more research, more FYI.

Now I’m back!  Inspired and on fire.  What’s changed?

I’m going to be a mom.  I’m just over 34 weeks along and… I’m going to be a mom.  My 42nd birthday is tomorrow, December 10 and it’s also Human Rights Day.  Most people do not even know this holiday exist.  I didn’t for over 30 years of my life but that didn’t stop me from exhibiting my true nature.  I’m an activist.  I find it no coincidence that my son’s expected due date is Monday, January 18th, Martin Luther King Jr. Day.  How cool is that?  He’s already channeling his energy to join me.  This journey to motherhood has definitely opened my eyes to a lot of things. 

Human Rights Day has made me aware of just how important motherhood is when I came to realize that long before either me or my mom were thought of nations came together from around the world to draft and proclaim the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (www.un.org/en/events/humanrightsday/).  From the website: "The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) is a milestone document in the history of human rights. Drafted by representatives with different legal and cultural backgrounds from all regions of the world, the Declaration was proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in Paris on 10 December 1948 General Assembly resolution 217 A as a common standard of achievements for all peoples and all nations. It sets out, for the first time, fundamental human rights to be universally protected."

Among the 30 articles in the document, one is directed specifically to the sacredness of motherhood.  Article 25.2 states, “Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.”  What a wonderful statement to remind all women and men of how important motherhood is.  Regardless of our relationships with our moms, we wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for them.  And no one can deny that.  

So that has set me on this journey to Launch L.U.V. … again!  Every year there is a theme established as the focus of Human Rights Day.  This year the theme is: "Our Rights, Our Freedoms, Always".   Well I'm running with their theme for the year, under my sub-theme: "One Day Celebrate; Always Commemorate."  So my goal is for the next year to make sure that moms, especially expectant moms, receive that "special care and assistance" they are "entitled" to.  I know that my personal journey has looked nothing like I imagined and I'm sure it is the same way for other moms too.  So it's time to truly launch L.U.V.  Please join me on this journey.  Stay with me for more details.  Create a beautiful day.  Peace...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk Tuesday: 10 Ways to Help Me Eliminate Homelessness

Let's Talk Tuesday: Support From the Food Revolution Network

Let's Talk Tuesday: Quantifiable Wins