Wisdom Wednesday: Someone Called CPS On Me

Someone Called CPS On Me

Welcome and welcome back. It’s another amazing day in paradise 🤩. Thank you so much for being here.


This is not what I planned for my next blog post. In fact, yesterday I started writing one called “Raleigh First Black Female Mayor”. Because that's what I plan to accomplish this year. You will not find my name listed because I'll be running as a write-in candidate.


My treasurer is taking the course now but since I haven't spent any money I don't have to file for my finance committee. There's also this fact that I don't want to run on what I'd like to do. My goal is to run and win based on what I have done and people desiring to see change on the municipal level to support those changes. I'll leave that there for now to address the imagine. 


Yes, it’s true. Yesterday afternoon (Tuesday, 8/6/2024) I got a call from a friend who works at Wegmans, where I recently admitted on one of my blog posts that me and my son were panhandling for money (with a beggars permit). She said she wanted me to know that Child Protective Services (CPS) had come to the store looking for me, asking questions about how long I’ve been panhandling, how often I come, etc. and so forth.


As I processed that information, not knowing who it was, I went through a host of thoughts and emotions. It might surprise you that anger and fear were not among them. There was disappointment and sadness but mostly there was gratitude.


What finally came to mind is “tell your story”! So I am.


Wisdom and I are on a phenomenal journey. I’m going to go Live at 3p on my Instagram and YouTube for sure, perhaps on my Facebook too if I have enough devices I can connect too. You can find the links on my professional business card: https://hihello.me/p/c122ff4c-6a81-4a8c-986a-e62da2d2d740. I hope you’ll join me.


If you’d like to help because you either know our story, don’t care about our story and care about us or don’t like the threat that someone made and would like to send funds please consider contributing to the fundraiser a friend set up for me and Wisdom. It ends in less than 12 hours.


PayPal only allows you to host it for 30 days and I’ve been entirely too scared and too busy to promote it. If you’d like to help, that’s the way I prefer you do it.


If you see this after it has closed, you can also send funds directly to me or to Robert Courts who hosted the fundraiser. You can let them know they are for me. The links are on my private business card: https://hihello.me/p/1c3b227d-a132-4566-b9c6-26fad39a96c7


If you’d like to do something other than send money then please join the compassionate community I’m creating. I haven’t found what I’m looking for so I’m building it from the ground up. The link to the form is also on my private card. It is a one stop shop!


If none of those sound like something you want to do, please consider signing up to watch one of the movies or masterclasses from the Food Revolution Network. There are several that might resonate with you if you are health or earth conscious. Since I’m an FRN affiliate when you purchase full time access to the featured item or an Impact Kit or anything else through my link, I’ll earn commission.


Personally, m
y favorite is The Need To Grow. I actually plan to host a watch party for it to launch my political campaign. Please stay tuned for that this fall, mid-late September.

And finally, the greatest thing you can do is pray for us, send good vibes to us and (something I’d never thought I’d say) get ready to VOTE! I’ve learned a lot about what little power political leaders at the municipal level have. They can have their powers thwarted at any moment and most people don’t even know it because we don’t pay attention to it. 


Please STOP focusing on the national election. While it’s an incredible lesson in nervous system regulation (or lack thereof), it’s a distraction. There is more power in the House and Senate than we realize. They control what happens in the cities more than your local elected officials, in a lot of ways.


So please, if you’re disgusted like me, join me! Somehow, someway, somewhere join me. It’s time for change and I am confident I have the ability to regulate my nervous system enough to lead the change that’s needed, locally first and then beyond. Thank you again and in advance. Enjoy the amazing day you’re creating 🪄✨. Peace ☮️…


#ThisIsHowWeHomeless

#DoYouKnowMommaKai

#ItsTimeToLUV

#EmancipatedMomma 

#LUVEnterprisesPresents

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk Tuesday: Quantifiable Wins

Let's Talk Tuesday: Support From the Food Revolution Network